last comment by Katarzyna T.
16 hours ago
Micay Maldita (.
any suggestions how to get more hype?
3 years ago
This topic is very cool, because I have read a lot of post and I think it will help me! ♥
Thanks so much
January 13, 2013
↓ back to reply
Margaux Johanna A.
January 25, 2013
It's really hard to get some hype, especially when you don't really look "cute" or "thin" or idk PERFECT? is perfect the right word? ahah Demn i wished i can get more hype Lol. Dreaming! ahaha
March 27, 2013
great look, great picture. that's all that matters honey... ;)
March 29, 2013
here are some tips from me :)
1. make sure you're looks are unique and stand out, so be different! so take the time and effort to put together a really nice look, and don't be scared to be overdressed or anything, ballgowns are cool and will get people's attention :P
2. the more likes you have, the more likes you'll get, so make yourself known and get to know other people. convince your friends to join lookbook and make friends on lookbook, try to really connect with other people
3. please make sure you have a good camera, a look is only as good as your camera so if you have a really crappy phone you make photo's with and a perfect outfit, no one is going to notice it
4. also get your look known on the internet, post links on facebook, twitter and start a blog. it is a great way to post your looks (plus a blog allows you to post more than one picture, lookbook only allows you to post one)
5. be interactive! if someone comments on your look, comment back! if someone sends you a message, send them something back. fashion isn't just about the clothes there is also a part of presenting yourself
6. post reguarly, try to post every day but only post good looks and good pictiures
7. and last but not least, have fun! making looks takes a lot of time and you will give it up if you don't like what you do, however if you really love it it wil also show in your looks and hypes!
I hope you guys found these tips usefull, (sorry for my terrible english it is not my first language :)
If you happen to have time, please check out my lookbook :P
May 30, 2013
August 18, 2013
September 5, 2013
stop begging for hypes, maybe that will work
September 13, 2013
September 15, 2013
12 days ago
haha, i wonder who actually does hype beggars?:D
newbies who want hypes :P
11 days ago
Your newbie you don't will win a lot of hypes
use the right tags
take Good pics
post in the morning
and comment everybody to get sees and after followers
if you got more than 10,000 followers your a cebel so you can post every you want or anytime
one more point about begging.
personally i am judging a style before hyping. begging for hypes appeals to me as something that lacks the class. the moment you start begging for hypes it seems as if you're just wearing costume and even if you got a quite nice look it's seems that you're faking it, pretending to be stylish, but instead you're just another of the little people attention whores.
most of the people on the site have the same approach.
don't do it to yourself.
10 days ago
Lookbook shouldn't be about how many hypes you get but about the inspiration you give to others. If you enjoy posting photos keep doing it, wether you get 1000 hypes or 10, you might inspire more people than you think you do.
technically that's true but in reality, people usually come on here to get popular
9 days ago
UNICORN CITY ,
3 days ago
Ar-Ar, that is definitely NOT the case. i just looked at your profile and your outfits are great and you look great! but i noticed that you have only made 4 comments on lookbook, and that's very little! you have practically NO interaction with the people in this community, that's why you're not getting seen! you really need to start commenting, hyping and connecting with people! then i promise, you'll see results :) anyone can do well on lookbook! you just gotta know what to do!
i wrote a long 'tips & tricks' thread, here it is if you are interested! i promise these steps will help: forum.lookbook.nu/topic/64274-How-to-become-successful-in-lookbook-Strategies
Nun's right. You get what you give. There is a reason why it's called KARMA.
How do you think other people get karma? because someone gave it to them. How do you think you will get karma? when someone will give it to you.
You've got to be that someone for others too, then someone else would come and hype you.
2 days ago
Rainiere Vaughn P.
THE PLACE YOU NEVER BEEN,
You have a point :)
thanks it really works
hype them & fan them and they will hype and fan you, but never beg them
I wouldn't necessarily say that asking people to hype your look is 'begging', it's very hard to gee noticed in lb with the amount of users on here and the general system which prevents new users from even getting one the new page. I'm a new member and I have total empathy for you. Commenting's good, but it will only get you so far, and you don't want to be one of those people that comment on EVERYTHING. I only comment on looks I genuinely like, and I always make sure my comments are specific and not just a generic 'cute' or 'gorgeous'. Still it's a very long process, and there are times when you feel that this is all in vain.
1 day ago
it is begging. once you've been here long enough, you'll start to notice it. there's no solution to it and i get why people do it but it most certainly is begging
22 hours ago
At the end of the day, how many people actually hype the looks posted on the hype for hype forums? Everyone's just there for a hype, not to hype anyone, lol
21 hours ago
a lot people only hype so they can get a hype back. they fan for that and then unfan a day later. it's the way a lot of people do it on here. but when they post on your looks begging for hypes, that really takes the piss
ha, that's true. i'm not gonna mention names, but there is one girl that every week fans me and unfans me again! obviously i know why she's doing it. the funny part is that i did actually hype more than a few of her looks before and she's not even adding anything. so i'm like 'dude, what's up with you? seriously what do you want me to do?!' ha. totally ruined her reputation in my eyes.
16 hours ago
Accepted HTML tags: <a href="url">link</a> <img src="image url"/> <br/>
You have no saved topics.
Watch now on LOOKBOOK TV: "Nature Inspired" by Elle-May L. & Theresa F.!
New on LOOKBOOK TV! Aussie Lookbookers Elle-May Leckenby and Theresa...
Beyond The Hype: Tim Melideo
Read it here.
© 2008-2013 LOOKBOOK. All rights reserved.
Create an account or login below:
Login with Facebook:
Or login with email:
I forgot my password.