Forum // TRASH

How to get more hype? locked

199 comments · save · last comment by Adrian G. 5 months ago

Micay Maldita (Micay Stylista Fashionista)

Micay Maldita (.

MARS,
Philippines

26 posts

any suggestions how to get more hype?

almost 4 years ago

Marina Krebs

Marina K.

FRANCE,
France

9 posts

This topic is very cool, because I have read a lot of post and I think it will help me! ♥
Thanks so much

0 · January 13, 2013

Ar-Ar Belches

Ar-Ar B.

BALTIMORE,
United States

1 posts

It's really hard to get some hype, especially when you don't really look "cute" or "thin" or idk PERFECT? is perfect the right word? ahah Demn i wished i can get more hype Lol. Dreaming! ahaha

0 · March 27, 2013

Rose Uy

Rose U.

Philippines

427 posts

great look, great picture. that's all that matters honey... ;)

0 · March 29, 2013

Selina M

Selina M.

LONDON,
United Kingdom

4742 posts

stop begging for hypes, maybe that will work

1 · September 13, 2013

Ruliff Danybarca

Ruliff D.

Indonesia

4 posts

lookbook.nu/danybarca

0 · November 24, 2013

Katarzyna T.

Katarzyna T.

GLASGOW,
United Kingdom

224 posts

@Selina M.

haha, i wonder who actually does hype beggars?:D

0 · November 24, 2013

Selina M

Selina M.

LONDON,
United Kingdom

4742 posts

@Katarzyna T.

newbies who want hypes :P

0 · November 25, 2013

Katarzyna T.

Katarzyna T.

GLASGOW,
United Kingdom

224 posts

one more point about begging.

personally i am judging a style before hyping. begging for hypes appeals to me as something that lacks the class. the moment you start begging for hypes it seems as if you're just wearing costume and even if you got a quite nice look it's seems that you're faking it, pretending to be stylish, but instead you're just another of the little people attention whores.

most of the people on the site have the same approach.

don't do it to yourself.

1 · November 26, 2013

Selina M

Selina M.

LONDON,
United Kingdom

4742 posts

@Katarzyna T.

basically this

0 · November 26, 2013

Emeline F.

Emeline F.

France

1 posts

Lookbook shouldn't be about how many hypes you get but about the inspiration you give to others. If you enjoy posting photos keep doing it, wether you get 1000 hypes or 10, you might inspire more people than you think you do.

1 · November 26, 2013

Selina M

Selina M.

LONDON,
United Kingdom

4742 posts

@Emeline F.

technically that's true but in reality, people usually come on here to get popular

1 · November 27, 2013

Nün  Style Blog

Nün S.

BANGKOK,
Thailand

821 posts

@Ar-Ar B.

Ar-Ar, that is definitely NOT the case. i just looked at your profile and your outfits are great and you look great! but i noticed that you have only made 4 comments on lookbook, and that's very little! you have practically NO interaction with the people in this community, that's why you're not getting seen! you really need to start commenting, hyping and connecting with people! then i promise, you'll see results :) anyone can do well on lookbook! you just gotta know what to do!

i wrote a long 'tips & tricks' thread, here it is if you are interested! i promise these steps will help: forum.lookbook.nu/topic/64274-How-to-become-successful-in-lookbook-Strategies

0 · December 3, 2013

Katarzyna T.

Katarzyna T.

GLASGOW,
United Kingdom

224 posts

@Ar-Ar B.

Nun's right. You get what you give. There is a reason why it's called KARMA.
How do you think other people get karma? because someone gave it to them. How do you think you will get karma? when someone will give it to you.
You've got to be that someone for others too, then someone else would come and hype you.

0 · December 3, 2013

Rainiere Vaughn Phillip Deanon

Rainiere Vaughn Phillip D.

THE UNCONTROLLED WILDTHINGS ,
Philippines

11 posts

@Katarzyna T.

You have a point :)

0 · December 3, 2013

Philippines

11 posts

@Rose U.

true

0 · December 3, 2013

Philippines

11 posts

@Nün S.

thanks it really works

0 · December 3, 2013

Philippines

11 posts

hype them & fan them and they will hype and fan you, but never beg them

0 · December 3, 2013

Hannah Uguru

Hannah U.

NEWCASTLE,
United Kingdom

9 posts

I wouldn't necessarily say that asking people to hype your look is 'begging', it's very hard to gee noticed in lb with the amount of users on here and the general system which prevents new users from even getting one the new page. I'm a new member and I have total empathy for you. Commenting's good, but it will only get you so far, and you don't want to be one of those people that comment on EVERYTHING. I only comment on looks I genuinely like, and I always make sure my comments are specific and not just a generic 'cute' or 'gorgeous'. Still it's a very long process, and there are times when you feel that this is all in vain.

1 · December 4, 2013

Selina M

Selina M.

LONDON,
United Kingdom

4742 posts

@Hannah U.

it is begging. once you've been here long enough, you'll start to notice it. there's no solution to it and i get why people do it but it most certainly is begging

0 · December 5, 2013

Selina M

Selina M.

LONDON,
United Kingdom

4742 posts

a lot people only hype so they can get a hype back. they fan for that and then unfan a day later. it's the way a lot of people do it on here. but when they post on your looks begging for hypes, that really takes the piss

0 · December 5, 2013

Katarzyna T.

Katarzyna T.

GLASGOW,
United Kingdom

224 posts

@Selina M.

ha, that's true. i'm not gonna mention names, but there is one girl that every week fans me and unfans me again! obviously i know why she's doing it. the funny part is that i did actually hype more than a few of her looks before and she's not even adding anything. so i'm like 'dude, what's up with you? seriously what do you want me to do?!' ha. totally ruined her reputation in my eyes.

0 · December 5, 2013

Selina M

Selina M.

LONDON,
United Kingdom

4742 posts

@Katarzyna T.

the level of stupidity is priceless :D

0 · December 6, 2013

Hanne Willekens

Hanne W.

ANTWERP,
Belgium

38 posts

Post a lot of looks, and constantly try to improve your quality of your looks and your photography. I have a rule for myself that I only post a look if I'm completely satisified about it and would still be okay with it if no one would hype it. I hope that helps :)

0 · January 3, 2014

Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S.

Canada

50 posts

"use the right tags"

Do people really search though tags all that much? & what constitutes as the "right tags"? Is there a look, for example, that you think uses tags well? I'd love to see :)

0 · March 10, 2014

☽Emī Silberīn Mānelieht☾

☽Emī S.

THE MIDDLE AGES, FRANKFURT/ NY/ CA,
Germany

578 posts

@Elizabeth S.

I use tags to search trends I'd like to get inspiration for, and I think some other users would do the same. The bew feed doesn't always show me what I'm looking for so tags really help.
I have searched for #platforms #jeffreycampbell #lace #lita #oversized #tartan #maxiskirt #pleatedskirt #hats and many more. I tag my looks the same way, by trends, colors, silhouettes, basically whatever people could type in search for a look.
I don't get many hypes from fans only 10% are active enough to notice and I leave the new page within minutes. I don't comment every look, but people still find me and I get a few hypes here and there inbetween posting looks.

0 · March 10, 2014

Selina M

Selina M.

LONDON,
United Kingdom

4742 posts

@Elizabeth S.

maybe he means use relevant tags instead of tagging everything in the picture like #dog #sunshine #blonde# like i've seen so many people do

0 · March 11, 2014

☽Emī Silberīn Mānelieht☾

☽Emī S.

THE MIDDLE AGES, FRANKFURT/ NY/ CA,
Germany

578 posts

@Selina M.

Yeah why would someone search for sunshine?

Many tags are very IG like.

0 · March 11, 2014

Selina M

Selina M.

LONDON,
United Kingdom

4742 posts

@☽Emī S.

i bet that nobody searches for it, people just include it even though it's not relevent

0 · March 11, 2014

Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S.

Canada

50 posts

Okay, got it :) So use tags on the off-chance that someone searches using them, and increase the chance of them finding your look by using tags relevant to the outfit.

Dog I could understand if someone had a dog-printed shirt or something haha, but I agree that a dog being in the picture (or just because you want to use the tag) isn't really relevant.

0 · March 11, 2014

Nadia Ilana Danylko

Nadia Ilana D.

EINDHOVEN,
Europe

44 posts

Help is very much appreciated. :)

lookbook.nu/danylko

0 · March 12, 2014

Margarita Bulgakova

Margarita B.

SAINT P.,
Russian Federation

5 posts

lookbook.nu/look/5952203-Dark-Orange

0 · March 15, 2014

Jie (MissMagneticOne)

Jie (.

NICOSIA,
Cyprus

3 posts

@Katarzyna T.

im agree of that girl ....

0 · March 30, 2014

Adrian Gîrbovean

Adrian G.

TIMIșOARA,
Romania

21 posts

I have seen amazing outfits here. :-D

Here is mine - lookbook.nu/look/6032195 \o/

0 · April 12, 2014

This topic has been locked by forum moderators.
outlived its purpose, topic now being used to beg for hype

Saved Topics

You have no saved topics.

FORUM RULES

• NO Duplicate or Repeat Posts
  • NO Off-topic Posts
  • NO SPAM or Unsolicited Advertising
  • NO Offensive or Harmful Content
  • NO Stolen or Copyright Infringing Content

Blog